Sunday 20 October 2013

Completing sentences


                                      RH Method.
In the age of creative merit, memorization is valueless .Some students cannot get rid of this harmful net. Not all but some so-called famous teachers of Khoksha are tempting some students to read with them .After reading for two years ,they have not been able to learn even tenses of English which results in no chance in any public university ,destroying potential bright future and at last, nobody to console them. RH Method is poles apart meaning totally different .Creativity is the choice.   
             Completing Sentences                                           
1.  He speaks as if /as though he knew everything.
2. He spoke as if /as though he had known everything.
3. If you help me,I will pass in the exam.
4. If you helped me,I would pass in the exam.
5. If you had helped me,I would have passed in the exam.
6. Ten years have passed/It is a long time since I met you last.
7. Ten years passed/It was a long time since I had met you last.
8. Walk fast lest you should miss the bus.
9. He reads attentively so that he can/may pass in the exam.
10. He studied attentively so that he could/might pass in the exam.
11. It’s time to play cricket.
12. It is high time we played cricket.
13. No sooner had we gone to the station than the train left.
Or Hardly had we gone to the station when the train left.
Or Scarcely had we gone to the station when the train left.
14. As soon as we saw him, we ran away.
15. As he is a good student, he will make a good result .
16. When you are at home, you should study .
17. Though he is a bad student, he has passed in the exam.
18. The man is so weak that he cannot walk.
19. The man was so weak that he could not walk.
20. He is my teacher who is an honest man.
21. The students who work hard,can shine in life.
22. The box is so heavy that I cannot lift it.
23.The box is too heavy for me to lift it.
24.Unless you read attentively, you will fail in the exam.
25.There is/goes a proverb that might is right.
26. You should wait until your father comes back.
27. Would you mind having a cup of tea?
28. I am not sure whether you will pass or not.
29. The train had left the station before we reached.
30. A graveyard is a place where silence prevails.
31. Do you know where he lives?
32. I will go there provided/providing that/provided you come here.
33. You should read attentively with a view to passing in the exam.
34. I wish I were a king .
35. Rahman is not only a good teacher but also a good father.
36. A patriot is a person whom everybody respects.
37. You had better go home .
38. He is strong enough to carry the load.
39. It is love which can beautify our mind.
40. Love is divine which can beautify our mind.
41. He cannot buy a bike let alone a car.
42. I would rather die than beg.
43. I am happy as long as you are with me.
44. Rahman is too honest to commit any crime.

And some proverbial sentences:
1. United we stand, divided we fall.
2. A stitch in time saves nine.
3. The higher we fly, the harder we fall.
4. What is done cannot be undone.
5. Look before you leap.
6. Strike the iron while it is hot.
7. Danger comes when it is feared.
8. Empty vessels sound much.
9. Where there is a will, there is a way.
10. A little learning is a dangerous thing.
11. As you sow, so you reap.

No comments:

Post a Comment